Saturday, November 30, 2013

Decorating the Tree

The Tree

Our Christmas Tree has a small story. We bought it our first year married. So it's getting kinda old, we've been married 11 years in June. At first, we disagreed with the color that the lights should be. I wanted white ones, Doug wanted colored. I thought colored was kind of childish, and I have to admit, it wasn't my favorite until Daisey came along. Once she came along it seemed to fit. Then we started adding her "kid" ornaments on it. That even made it better.

Decorating the tree has always been something that we've done together. It hasn't always been Doug's favorite thing about the holidays...putting ornaments on the tree. But for me, it kicks off the season. We get an ornament at every place we go, every vacation, every new adventure. So we have quite a few. Some from the Space Center in Houston when we went on vacation to my sisters house 7 or 8 years ago. Quite a few ornaments are from Disneyland or DisneyWorld. We've been there quite a few times. One ornament is from the Grand Canyon, which was Daisey's first time staying at a hotel. There are so many memories and they all get to be put on our Christmas Tree.
Daisey putting on her very first ornament, from 2010. "Baby's first Christmas"

Doug and Daisey decorating the tree

Doug putting on the Star, the last touch.


 The star always goes on last, and Doug has to do it. I'm just not tall enough! Those few inches in height difference really make it easier for him to get it up there.


Nothing sets off the Christmas Season better than Christmas jammies and a decorated Christmas Tree. Unfortunately, there are quite a few strands of lights on our pre-lit tree that have gone out. I'm sure by the time we take it down there will be more lights out. I guess we need to start thinking about getting another tree.. I think this one will be colored lights too. Our Family Tree needs to be as colorful as our Family is.


Always,
Doug and Joyce